LET YOUR HEALTH SOAR: GET A FLU SHOT TODAY!
Flu season is officially here, and preventing sickness has never been easier.
Turn to Astrahealth's quick and professional services to protect you and your family from influenza.
Flu Shots in Martinsville
Why are seasonal flu shots so important? Influenza is a disease that anyone can contract, though very young children, the elderly, pregnant women and people with certain chronic health problems are particularly susceptible to complications. Symptoms mimic those of the common cold – plus vomiting and diarrhea in some children – but if pneumonia develops, the disease can result in hospitalization and possibly even death.
With a flu shot in Martinsville, you protect yourself from contracting the flu. In addition to getting a vaccine, you can also help stop the spread of infection with these tips:
- Cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough.
- Disinfect surfaces in your home regularly.
- Wash your hands often.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Avoid close contact with sick individuals.
- Stay home if you get sick.
The influenza vaccination protects you from getting the flu by building up antibodies that strengthen your immune response to the virus. Keep in mind that it takes two weeks for the antibodies to form, so be extra vigilant with the above tips during this period to prevent getting sick.
Many people are misinformed about vaccines. Keep the following in mind as you prepare for your flu shot in Martinsville:
- Flu shots vary in effectiveness from year to year.
- You need an annual flu vaccine to protect against that year’s virus strain.
- You may still catch the virus even after having a shot, but your symptoms should be less severe.
- Seasonal flu shots can’t make you sick.
To schedule your flu shot near Martinsville, please contact Astrahealth today.