LET YOUR HEALTH SOAR: GET A FLU SHOT TODAY!
Flu season is officially here, and preventing sickness has never been easier.
Turn to Astrahealth's quick and professional services to protect you and your family from influenza.
Flu Shots in Hoboken
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that everyone ages 6 months and older get a flu shot this season. The CDC has made this recommendation since 2010. The idea is to provide a universal flu vaccination for everyone in the US to expand protection against the disease to more people.
You have two primary options to choose from if you want to get vaccinated:
- The regular flu shot is ideal for most situations. Varying doses are available for people of certain ages and with certain medical conditions.
- The nasal spray flu vaccine is the preferred option for healthy children ages 2 through 8 years old, though people up to age 49 may choose this option.
Normally, the flu feels like nothing more than a bad cold. Some children also experience vomiting and diarrhea. However, complications arise in some people, the most common of which is pneumonia. This serious condition can lead to hospitalization and may even cause death. Particularly susceptible people include:
- Children younger than 5 years old
- Adults older than 65 years old
- Pregnant women
- People with certain medical conditions, such as asthma, chronic lung disease and diabetes
- People with weakened immune systems
- Obese individuals
The best time to seek a flu shot in Hoboken is early in the flu season, which lasts from about October to May. Since the vaccine takes two weeks to build up antibodies, you receive greater protection if you are vaccinated before people in your community begin to get sick.
Astrahealth Center of Hoboken is here to help. To schedule your flu shot in Hoboken, please contact Astrahealth today.