LET YOUR HEALTH SOAR: GET A FLU SHOT TODAY!
Flu season is officially here, and preventing sickness has never been easier.
Turn to Astrahealth's quick and professional services to protect you and your family from influenza.
Flu Shots in Bernardsville
Have you gotten your flu shot in Bernardsville yet? October is the ideal month for influenza vaccinations because that’s when flu season starts. It lasts until May, but the earlier you get your flu vaccine, the better protected you are against the virus.
The flu normally causes nothing more than cold symptoms, but even healthy people can experience complications that lead to pneumonia. Young children, elderly adults, pregnant women, and people with chronic lung conditions or diabetes are especially at risk.
If you received a flu shot in Bernardsville last year, you may think you’re covered. However, that’s not true for two reasons:
- Your body’s immune system benefits less from the vaccine as the months go by, meaning annual vaccination is necessary for the best possible protection.
- The influenza virus mutates quickly, often requiring a different flu vaccine formulation every year. This means the influenza shot you received last year is probably no longer potent against this year’s strain of the virus.
Keep the following in mind as you prepare for your vaccine:
- Seasonal flu shots take two weeks to go into effect. This is how long it takes for antibodies to form and protect you from the virus.
- You may still become ill even if you have a flu shot, but your symptoms are likely to be milder.
- The influenza vaccination cannot cause the flu.
- By getting the shot, you help prevent spreading the virus to at-risk individuals.
To schedule your flu shot near Bernardsville, please contact Astrahealth today.