LET YOUR HEALTH SOAR: GET A FLU SHOT TODAY!
Flu season is officially here, and preventing sickness has never been easier.
Turn to Astrahealth's quick and professional services to protect you and your family from influenza.
Flu Shots in Bedminster
Flu season lasts from about October to May. How do you plan to prevent contracting the virus? While precautions such as washing your hands frequently and avoiding touching your face are helpful, they often aren’t enough. That’s why the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend that almost everyone over 6 months old receive a flu shot in Bedminster this season
You have several flu vaccine options available near Bedminster, including having a shot administered or using a nasal spray to receive your vaccine. This second option is a viable alternative to the shot in healthy people ages 2 to 8 years, though people up to age 49 can use this method. Some confusion about seasonal flu shots may have prevented you from getting a vaccine in years past. Here are some important facts you need to know about flu vaccines:
- The effectiveness of flu shots varies from year to year.
- You may still get sick even if you have a flu shot, but your symptoms are likely to be less severe.
- The flu vaccine cannot give you the flu because “inactivated” viruses enter your body, not living, infectious microorganisms.
- Side effects of flu vaccines may include soreness where the shot was administered, low fever and body aches. The nasal spray may cause runny nose, headache, sore throat or cough.
- The vaccine takes two weeks to build up protective antibodies, so seek influenza vaccination as early in the season as possible for the best results.
To schedule your flu shot near Bedminster, please contact Astrahealth today.